Business and Data Analyst (Remote within UK)
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, nance faster
and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr
is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base t for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food
processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good. We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
We are looking for a talented business analyst with a deep understanding of
data and how it can be best utilised to grow and guide the business. Our
platform is generating a lot of data. Your primary responsibilities will be to
understand that data, understand how best to use it, and provide insights
and guidance to the business through reports and dashboards.
You will be part of the product team, but will need to collaborate and
communicate effectively with all parts of the company.
This can be fully remote role, or based (when allowed) at offices in Chichester or Bristol. Some travel may be required – for company events and farm visits.
This role is effectively the beginning of the data team at Breedr, and
there is scope to grow with that team, helping to create the most disruptive
product that the agricultural sector has seen.
- Collaborate with business area owners and customer support team to
understand customer and business requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the structure of our platform’s data
- Support the rest of the product team to help deliver our vision.
- Take ownership of our business intelligence tool (Sisense).
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards for the business and for
integrating into the product.
- Work with some select customers to understand more specic requirements, and provide detailed insights for them.
- Provide guidance on the data architecture of the platform.
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations.
- Research new ideas and stay up to date with the world of data and
- Initiate and coordinate workshops with business area owners to gather requirements and deliver insights.
- Work with data engineering to help guide improvements to our machine learning models.
- Help develop A/B frameworks to test those models.
- Solid understanding of database, ETL, and analytics concepts.
- Experience using business intelligence tools, preferably Sisense, but also Looker and Tableau.
- Experience using a range of data management tools, preferably within a cloud environment.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritise work effectively, as
well as to function as an effective team member in a local and virtual
team development environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an unsurpassed attention to detail.
- Proven problem solving and analysis skills in an Agile software development or delivery environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- SDLC methodology knowledge.
- We are an AgTech start-up, so any agricultural experience or background is an advantage.
- Competitive salary, £50-60,000 with options
- Health insurance
- Flexible UK location
Want to join the team send your CV to email@example.com