Pack your wellies, we’re hiring..
We are looking for a dynamic, flexible person to join this fast growing VC backed Agri-Tech startup. Joining a company team of 25 you will have the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of tasks and to influence the way in which finance supports the business.
About the role
Working with the interim CFO and outsourced book-keeping team you will be responsible for:
- Monthly and quarterly reporting, budgeting and cashflow forecasting including reporting to Breedr’s VC investors and the UK government’s British Business Bank
- Implementing and maintaining an appropriate and effective system of internal controls to ensure cash is controlled and invested wisely
- Designing and implementing a budget and forecasting process to ensure forecasts are accurate and performance against budget can be tracked and reported
- Work with the Product Development Team designing and implementing payment processes for Breedr’s on-line Marketplace to ensure safe custody of customer remittances, automated recognition of revenue and control through exception reporting
- Support the Business Development Team with Commercial Analysis and financial input to Enterprise Sales pitches
- Support the business in the set up of Breedr’s US operations scheduled for Spring 2021
We are looking for someone who is ideally a recently qualified accountant (CIMA is preferred) with experience of forecasting and budgets as well as financial reporting and commercial analysis. You should be proactive and analytical with advanced Excel skills and someone who is reliable and thorough. Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines is a must; being an integral member of a small team will require flexibility and being open to change is essential. You’ll need to be interpersonal with strong influencing and communication skills and have great attention to detail and organisation skills with ability to work independently. Due to the flexible location, you should be willing to travel within the UK for monthly / quarterly team meetings as required.
Specific skills required
- Qualified accountant, ideally CIMA / ACCA
- Strong ability with excel (comfortable with vlookups, if statements, ranges, pivot tables and other general formulas)
- Experience of working with accounting packages, ideally Xero
Other experience that would be advantageous
- Experience with on-line sales and payments
- Experience within the UK Food Retail Supply chain
- Knowledge of the Agriculture industry, specifically livestock farming
- Competitive salary with share options
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible location – home based or company office near Chichester
Please send your CV to email@example.com