Python Engineer (Remote within UK)
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, finance faster and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base fit for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good.
We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
To learn more about Breedr and how it is capturing the hearts and minds of the industry, please click through the links below:
As the lead backend engineer, you will work in tandem with the head of engineering and the rest of the development team, to ensure that we deliver a world class platform that supports Breedr’s business model
We’re a small and passionate team, so you will be instrumental in defining the technical direction of the platform. We’re building an engineering team that loves agency, and gets it, so you will be self driven and keen pick up and own parts of the platform. Our engineers own the code they write, so they get to decide on how it’s written and what it runs on. We are a data company, so on top of all that, you’ll bring experience that helps us design and implement our data pipeline.
This is a remote role, based in the UK and possible commute to London 1 day a week if required.
Please read on to find out more.
What You’ll be Doing
- Work closely with the product team and build the next generation farming data and analytics platform.
- Help the head of engineering to define what our technology platform looks like, and how we get it there.
- Work on defining and improving the deployment process and site reliability.
- Help drive the way we process and handle data.
- Collaborate with other developers, product managers and designers to build new consumer features.
- Adopt streamlined and lean processes working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate technical solutions.
- Continuously improve our technology stack, tools, and processes.
- Provide technical insights and advice to help inform our roadmap.
What you bring
- Experience in web application development using Python and the Django framework
- Experience in relational database technologies including PostgreSQL
- Experience in REST API and GraphQL Development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, well-tested, readable and reusable code
- Understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and peer reviewing.
- Familiarity around DevOps – Git, CI/CD, containerisation and server infrastructure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational and time management skills; ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
- Project management and communication skills
Our current technology stack: Python (Django), PostgreSQL, Redis, Stripe, GraphQL, Apollo Client, React, React Native, AWS, Terraform, Looker
Bonus points: Full stack development and/or React or React Native Machine Learning and/or data science
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Flexible UK location
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org