ReactNative Developer (Remote within UK)
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, finance faster and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base fit for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good. We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
To learn more about Breedr and how it is capturing the hearts and minds of the industry, please click through the links below:
We are looking for a great front end developer who is proficient with ReactNative. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React Native workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Developing new user-facing features using React Native
- You will be ensuring the success of the front end Breedr development, working with the rest of the distributed developers.
- You will be using your technical skill and your startup knowledge to scale the product and increase the user experience for farmers
- You’ll be agile, and will use lean processes, working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate Front-End solutions
- You will be ensuring delivery detail and correct development practices and front end mobile architecture for the application.
- Work with product, the React.js and back-end engineering teams.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices.
- Excellent knowledge of React Native, JSX and Redux including
higher order components and Flow
- Good Knowledge with Native Mobile development for iOS and Android
- Excellent knowledge of translating interaction and visual designs
into production quality front-end experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- Excellent knowledge of CSS & SCSS
- Good Experience in optimisation of Mobile app environments
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo client
- Experience with build tools (We use Webpack)
- Experience with testing tools (We use Jest)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as
Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them
into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, BitBucket Additionally
- Excellent knowledge of cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with ReactJS and Web frameworks
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience knowledge of responsive layouts, grid systems and
- Experience with Data visualisation with React or React Native.
- Experience with REST
- Experience with templating languages (We use Django’s templating
- Good understanding of website performance optimization techniques
- An eye for design and typography
- Experience with persistent state management systems (Redux
- Experience with CSS architecture patterns
- Experience with CSS frameworks
- Experience with code quality tooling (We run ESLint, Prettier on
Competitive salary, with options
Flexible UK location
Want to join the team send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org