US Product Manager (Based within Atlanta, Austin or Denver)
Pack your boots, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, finance faster and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base fit for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good. We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
To learn more about Breedr and how it is capturing the hearts and minds of the industry, please click through the links below:
The US product manager will help the customization and launch of the Breedr product in the US market, working closely with existing cow/calf, stocker and feedyard operators to develop a product that is focused on ease of user, as well as building new relationships with producers.
- Market & Customer Research
- Identify strategic product investment for the US market
- Collect competitive intelligence and market landscape updates
- Discover and prioritize areas of product that need improvement
- Collaborate with user research & design team to define customer journey maps and user personas, conduct interviews to understand scenarios and needs
- Work with UX design to create initial product mockups and wireframes
- Write user stories and feature requirements
- Create and evangelize a product working with Cow/Calf, Stocker and Feed yard operators in the US market.
- On farm support of product during early stages of development to enable feedback to be gathered and fed into the development team
- Collect and manage improvements and bugs in the system including prioritization.
- Collaborate with marketing to define the end-to-end portfolio pricing, packaging, fencing strategy and conduct win-loss Analysis
Build and Launch
- Inform overall product strategy, understanding and influencing the business’s goals
- Partner with engineering to maintain and prioritize product backlog, define user stories, drive trade-off and implementation decisions during development
- Manage product launch, determine desired launch schedule
- Run preview programs with early-access customers; loop early feedback into the product
- Collaborate with marketing to create PR announcements, blog posts, demo videos, go-to-market plan, pricing & packaging, sales training, support material
- Initial support of the product and roll out with farms and feed yards
Travel – expected travel to Georgia, Texas and UK, and other states where relevant.
- Experience in working with livestock producers, including cow/calf, stocker or feed yard operations
- Ability to manage projects and work remotely to deliver and define goals
- Product management experience and understanding of the technology development process
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently and remotely in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
Want to join the team then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org