Remote Role, UK
As a member of the Breedr Engineering team, you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, automating and troubleshooting the systems that run the Breedr application and development process of the Engineering team.
This role will give you the opportunity to deepen your AWS, CI/CD and IaC skills. You will also be exposed to our development process and be given opportunities to branch out and learn other technologies. The entire Engineering team functions as part of the product team, taking ideas and requirements, refining and developing them to produce working solutions used by our customers. As part of the Engineering team you will be part of this process and get to be close to our customers requirements and business goals, making it a great opportunity for someone interested in business drivers as well as being passionate about Devops.
Who are we?
Breedr is an agtech start up that is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age.
Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to optimise profit, reduce environmental impact and waste to deliver a more sustainable livestock industry, globally.
Through its Precision Livestock Network and app for farmers, Breedr enables the livestock supply chain to produce much more efficient livestock – driven by rich analytics – and then sell them in our online market place.
You’ll be joining the founder and a team that is packed full of experience in the food retail, agricultural supply and food processing sectors combined with industry leading software development. The team is fully remote but with opportunities for regular meet ups we have a fun, collective and relaxed atmosphere. We are looking to expand that team as we are seeing the positive impact and significant growth we’re having in the industry.
What You'll be Doing
- Design, deploy and maintain the AWS infrastructure and services to support the development, testing and production environments.
- Implement and manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to streamline the software delivery process.
- Collaborate with development and QA teams to ensure that the software is delivered with high quality and at a fast pace.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production issues to ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of the applications.
- Implement and maintain security best practices to protect the AWS infrastructure and services.
- Experience of working in Cloud Engineering/Technology (AWS / Azure / GCP).
- Experience creating/maintaining infrastructure as code with tools such as Terraform.
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy problem solving.
- Experience with automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language.
- Strong communication skills.
Bonus Points For
- AWS experience (AWS multi accounts, IAM policies, security groups, VPC’s ect.).
- Experience in applying or enabling containers and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS etc.).
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and ELK stack.
- Strong knowledge of GIT.
Up to £70k depending on experience
Health Care & Life Insurance
Flexible remote working (must be available to attend Bristol office at least once a month)
Tools to work remotely