Remote Role, UK
QA Software Test AnalystWe are looking for a Software Test Analyst to join the Breedr team. You will be undertaking manual feature testing and exploratory testing to ensure product quality, and advocate for and improve quality practices.
The Software Test Analyst role plays an important part in Breedr’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be involved in all aspects of the QA process, including managing the processes involved in releasing change to our
Who are we?
Breedr is an agtech start up that is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock management into the digital age.
Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to optimise profit, reduce environmental impact and waste to deliver a more sustainable livestock industry, globally.
Through its Precision Livestock Network and app for farmers, Breedr enables the livestock supply chain to produce much more efficient livestock – driven by rich analytics.
You’ll be joining the founder and a team that is packed full of experience in the food retail, agricultural supply and food processing sectors combined with industry leading software development. The team is fully remote but with opportunities for regular meet ups we have a fun, collective and relaxed atmosphere. We are looking to expand that team as we are seeing the positive impact and significant growth we’re having in the industry.
What You'll be Doing
- Working alongside agile teams to deliver software on a frequent basis
- Manual testing of web, backend and mobile applications
- Contribute during story refinement to identify quality risks and influence the design of solutions before work starts
- Undertake Exploratory testing sessions driven by test charters, as well as feature testing and regression testing activities.
- Participate in agile ceremonies to help us improve our practices
- Assisting with software releases, organising regression test “mob” sessions and ensuring that all code changes are incorporated in the release and release notes are complete.
- Using appropriate tools to support your testing, such as Postman, browser Developer Tools, Database tooling etc.
- Using appropriate tools to document and communicate testing activities including wikis, Jira or mindmaps
- Work to improve quality practices and processes across the organisation
- Manage the backlog of open issues, ensuring they are kept current and not duplicated
- Working with stakeholders to prioritise open issues alongside feature work
- Contribute to non-functional testing plans
- Keep up to date with testing approaches and bring these ideas to the team
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a manual testing role
- Be comfortable testing web, mobile, backend and APIs
- Have experience working in Agile Feature Teams
- Have great communication skills
- Be robust and flexible enough to work in a fast pace environment
- Be willing to contribute your ideas at every stage of development
- Understand the importance of shift-left testing
- Understand the different types of testing and when they are appropriate
- Love our customers, our teams and our product
- Learn, Grow and Have fun!
What are the benefits?
Remote - although you will need to be able to travel to Bristol at least once every week to perform testing of our software connected to farming hardware.
- Up to £35k depending on experience
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Unlimited Holiday
- Health Care & Life Insurance
- Flexible remote working
- Tools to work remotely