Remote Role, UK
Software Engineer (Front end)
Our Mobile and Web applications make up the core of our users' interactions with Breedr. You will be responsible for delivering high quality code that enriches our users’ experience.
You will sit within the Front end development function (though will have the opportunity to upskill and contribute to our Backend) working as part of a product team, taking ideas and requirements, refining, developing and testing them. As well as contributing to the delivery and maintenance of the product.
Who are we?
Breedr is an agtech start up that is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age.
Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to optimise profit, reduce environmental impact and waste to deliver a more sustainable livestock industry, globally.
Through its Precision Livestock Network and app for farmers, Breedr enables the livestock supply chain to produce much more efficient livestock – driven by rich analytics – and then sell them in our online market place.
You’ll be joining the founder and a team that is packed full of experience in the food retail, agricultural supply and food processing sectors combined with industry leading software development. The team is fully remote but with opportunities for regular meet ups we have a fun, collective and relaxed atmosphere. We are looking to expand that team as we are seeing the positive impact and significant growth we’re having in the industry.
What You'll be Doing
- You’ll be agile, and will use lean processes, working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate Web and Mobile solutions.
- You will be delivering functionality into our applications that meets our design patterns and quality standards.
- You will be using your technical skill and experience to increase the user experience for farmers.
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- Understanding of Typescript
- Experience translating interaction and visual designs into production quality front-end experiences
- Experience with testing tools (We use Jest)
- Interest in learning React Native and Python
Bonus Points For
- Experience with React Native, GraphQL, Apollo client or Python
- Knowledge of Native Mobile development for iOS or Android
- An eye for design and typography
- Experience with persistent state management systems
- Experience with code quality tooling (We run ESLint, Prettier on every build)
Up to £45k depending on experience
Health Care & Life Insurance
Flexible remote working (must be available to attend Bristol office at least once a month)
Tools to work remotely