Lead Python (Django) Engineer
Lead Python (Django) Engineer
Cambridge, 65k + benefits
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
At Breedr we are excited about the future of the global meat and livestock industry and its ability to provide food and a source of vital nutrients to the growing population.
At the heart of the meat and livestock supply chain are farmers; who to us are environmentalists, entrepreneurs, mechanics, inventors, traders, marketers, fathers and mothers. They are passionate about the produce and animals they care for and the importance of agriculture in rural communities around the world.
Breedr believes that bringing these amazing minds together with the technology to foster collaboration and the smarter use of data throughout the supply chain, we can benefit the entire industry and help meet the challenges of the future.
We are technical but also lovers of the outdoors. We want to work with the best people who share the passion for farming, technology and people.
Help customers through constant innovation
Let your work speak for itself
Honesty and transparency, a problem is just an opportunity to find a solution
It is about the journey, lets enjoy it
Based in the new Cambridge office we are now looking for a Lead Back End Engineer with an interest in Machine Vision and AI, if you are interested please contact us, pack your wellies and help feed the world.
As a core part of the Breedr business you will become the lead back end engineer, working directly with the customer and leadership team to drive the direction of the Breedr platform, utilising technologies at the fore front of software development. As the lead Front-End Developer you will work with both mobile and web to help bring the data and trading platform to life. We're looking for an experienced, mid-level developer and someone who loves startups!
Please read on to find out more.
What You'll be Doing Work closely with the rest of the product team and build the next generation farming data and analytics platform. Collaborate with other developers, product managers and designers to build new consumer features. Adopt streamlined and lean processes working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate technical solutions. Continuously improve our technology stack, tools, and processes. Provide technical insights and advice to help inform our roadmap.
- Experience in web application development using Python and the Django framework
- Experience in relational database technologies including PostgreSQL
- Experience in REST API and GraphQL Development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
- Experience with managing server infrastructure
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Passion for or experience in predictive analytics, machine learning and/or statistical analysis
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, well-tested, readable and reusable code
- Understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and peer reviewing.
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Experience with peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational and time management skills; ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
- Project management and communication skills; ability to deliver efficient, well-planned and effective processes, and effectively manage founder relationships
Out technology stack:
- Python (Django), PostgreSQL, Redis, Stripe, GraphQL, Apollo Client, React, React Native, AWS, Terraform, Looker
- Experience with Full stack development and/or React or React Native
- Experience in Machine Learning or computer vision technologies
- Experience in blockchain technologies such as hyper ledger
- Experience using payment systems such as Stripe
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience in technical project management
- Like tinkering with Raspberry PIs and electronics
- Axa PPP Healthcare