Head of Engineering (UK)
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, finance faster and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base fit for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good.
We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
To learn more about Breedr and how it is capturing the hearts and minds of the industry, please click through the links below:
At Breedr we are building a full stack trading and analytics platform with mobile and web applications to service the needs of multiple supply chain stakeholders. Our product is built on GraphQL, PostgreSQL and SQL, and high performance API’s, with some application of Django and Python. As Head of Engineering, you will be part of the leadership team and be responsible for ensuring the product vision is realised through excellence in execution. You will grow and manage a development team, product strategy and be wholly responsible for delivering product aligned to business strategy. You will work closely with the CEO and will be able to interface with industry.
Key Functions Key Responsibilities
- Manage a team of engineers to ensure engagement, retention and career development
- Identify training needs in individuals and across the team ensuring continuous performance and career development
- Hire and mentor new engineers, maintaining a culture of innovation, teamwork and self-improvement
- Work with product owners to help ensure engineers are engaged, delivering at pace and building high quality systems.
You’ll be key in helping to build new features and enhancements to our platform. This could include architectural decisions on the infrastructure, data management, development stack and dev ops, as well as hands on development of core areas of the backend and database management.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
- PostgreSQL, MySQL experience
- Proficiency in Python, Django
- An ambitious individual who thrives in a startup environment
- Excellence at recruitment, leadership, management and retention of high performers
- Be creative and innovative in solution development to meet the needs of a highly complex industry seeking disruptive technologies
- Share a passion and interest for the agri-food industry and the application of new technologies to this sector including the latest in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Competitive salary, with options
- Flexible UK location
Please contact email@example.com