Product Manager (Remote - UK)
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, finance faster and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base fit for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good.
We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
To learn more about Breedr and how it is capturing the hearts and minds of the industry, please click through the links below:
At Breedr we are building a full stack trading and analytics platform with mobile and web applications to service the needs of multiple supply chain stakeholders. Our product is built on GraphQL, PostgreSQL and SQL, and high performance API’s, with some application of Django and Python. As product owner you will have a genuine interest in the application and delivery of these technologies to deliver high impact products in an industry which is seeking disruption. You will take the lead of scrum teams, provide vision and direction throughout the project, and create requirements for them to work from aligned to the business strategy. This is an exciting role at the heart of a highly innovative start-up with the potential to transform the red meat industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the scrum team on delivery of product, and in doing so be accountable for generating requirements, stories, epics, and cases, and the prioritisation of these
- Conducting backlog management with clear priorities ahead of time aligned to business milestones
- Lead product release plans and set and manage expectations within the business
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of competitor activity
- Continually keeping abreast of new Agile/Scrum best practices, and implementing appropriately
- A highly ambitious and motivated individual who likes to make things happen
- You thrive in a start-up environment
- You have a passion for working in the agri-food industry
- You have indepth knowledge of agile processes and practices
- You are an excellent communicator, with excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible UK location
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org