Technical Support Manager (Chichester, UK)
Pack your wellies, we’re hiring!
Breedr; enabling the livestock supply chain to trade smarter, finance faster and grow better animals.
This agtech start up is breaking ground in the $1 trillion global livestock trading industry to bring livestock trading into the digital age. Breedr is building technology which connects farmers, processors and food retailers together to deliver supply chain transparency, traceability and improvements in the economic and environmental impacts of livestock production. We are developing a suite of tools which will help farmers make better informed decisions about sourcing, breeding and animal management, including animal health to deliver a production base fit for the future.
With some 20 years cumulative experience in agriculture supply, food processing, and grocery retail we have seen first hand the impacts of the lack of relevant technology, tools and intel to make the best decisions. Based on this, Breedr has been founded; founded to revolutionise red meat production for the greater good.
We are now looking to extend our team to deliver significant positive impacts to the industry.
To learn more about Breedr and how it is capturing the hearts and minds of the industry, please click through the links below:
As the manager of a core part of the Breedr business you will become the heart of our technical support service team, helping drive forward our customer service culture and building a team people whose daily routine is built around ‘farmer first’.
We are looking for a technical support manager who loves rural life, understands technology and wants to help build a solution that increases the productivity and profitability of farmers around the UK.
- Provide Technical Support to Farmers and Users
- Work directly with farmers and our supply chain users to make their life easier, set them up, enhance their experience and solve their issues. Assist our farmers and users in troubleshooting problems, diagnose issues with software application, identify sources of the problem and offer solutions.
- Recruit, train and develop a technical support team
- Based in our Chichester office at-least 2/3 days a week you will find Bright talent that enhances the Breedr team, build a business unit that identifies, nurtures a supports these people to efficiently support our farmers and users.
- Assist with Software Design and Development
- Be involved in thinking up new ideas to make farmers lives easier, work closely with Business Development and Software teams to identify opportunities for improvement and resolve potential issues in the development stages. Work with the team to perform quality assurance and release new technology to the world.
- Create Technical Documents and Manuals
- Help build farmer friendly user documentations that addresses the ease of use for customers. Generate technical reports focusing on customer complaints and resolutions. Actively use engage with the Breedr product to find bugs, suggest development solutions and write articles on its use.
Core Skills and Background.
- Interested in new technology
- Self motivated and can work within and team and independently
- Experience in managing technical support & support document writing
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent written skills and comfortable on the phone
- Microsoft Excel proficiency a must
- Technical background or degree
- Farming or rural background a plus but not essential
- Love of rural life its people is a must.
- Able to be on call one weekend in four
- Be ready for some travel to farms
- Competitive salary
- Chichester Location, with Flexible working 2-3 days a week.
Please contact email@example.com